Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Will Be Assimilated

I've been thinking hard about this and other blogs I currently run. Do I enjoy following and talking about politics? Absolutely. Do I have anything new or original to add to the conversation? Not really. I'll expand on something I saw elsewhere, but that's largely what this blog is--a round-up of stuff I saw elsewhere, and most often on sites who do it much better than I do.

So I'm shutting this blog down. Or merging it into another of my blogs, rather. If you want to follow my political rants then link on over to Vox Potpourri. That's where I'll be doing the bulk of my general blogging from now on. I've also ported all my posts from here into there so you won't miss any of your favorite posts when this blog disappears for good.

Heh. As if I have the readership for anyone to have a favorite post. ;-)

In the mean time, if you're someone who likes to makes things--anything--or read about other people who do, then you may want to check out my new blog, The Joy of Making Things. It's so new that I don't even have anything up yet.

The intent, however, is to discuss the joy and satisfaction of doing things yourself. Like creating funky Excel spreadsheets to manage your budget. Or building a playhouse. Or writing a book. It's a blog celebrating the fun of doing things, of trying things, of surprising oneself with what you can do.

I hope you'll enjoy it as I hope I will.

No comments: